If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (215) 482-0800

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Philadelphia Rowhouse Rewire Causes Fire & Smoke Damage

7/22/2017 (Permalink)

Philadelphia Fire Damage Gets Help from SERVPRO

SERVPRO Cleans Up Fire Damage and Also Eliminates Odors

Electrical upgrades, the internet, and cable installations expose your home to fire risk. Some circuits overload improperly, and wires spark, threatening to set gypsum board ablaze or melt the wires. This can send toxic fumes smoldering between walls and out through outlets, nail holes, and joints. SERVPRO provides expert cleanup services for the entire range of fire damage, including that caused by wiring malfunction.

When updating your cable service, a wiring error resulted in sparking, causing fire damage to your Philadelphia rowhouse. The wires smoldered before discovery, thick black smoke spreading throughout your home and significant charring occurring between walls where the wiring threaded through. Our fire damage recovery team responds fast after the firefighters leave, developing a comprehensive plan to restore the affected structure, remove the smoke residue, and eliminate the odors. A lot to do quickly.
SERVPRO trains our crews according to Institute of Inspections, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards. The speed, knowledge, and experience of our team mean the work of fire damage restoration begins the moment they arrive at your home. We stress restoring rather than replacement, so the first task is an evaluation of the stability of the charred spaces within the wall. If sound, we clean and seal areas to prevent odor from persisting. The badly burned structure may be torn out and replaced, but we retain as much as we can to limit expense and disruption in your home.
Smoke infiltrates far beyond the burn site, particularly when the fire smoldered. SERVPRO workers clean up smoke residue systematically, choosing the proper tools and professional products to ensure soot does not smear, eradicating it. Light deposits respond to vacuuming with HEPA filters and dry sponges, but the sticky coating typical of this type of fire needs spraying with a solvent-based cleaner at a minimum, although abrasive scrubbing also may be necessary.
The odor of this fire is likely to linger without professional attention. Along with the use of hydroxyl generators and ozone machines for chemical conversion of malodorous particulates, SERVPRO technicians are experts in deodorization and follow a four-stage process to eradicate the smoky smell:
Disposing of unrestorable burned items
Thorough cleaning, removing as much of physical residue as possible.
Using a spray or thermal fogging to find and neutralize odor-producing particles.
Sealing inaccessible areas to block the emanation of odor containing vapors.

Call SERVPRO of Manayunk at (215) 482-0800 immediately after the authorities release your fire-damaged premises. Every moment counts when restoring structure and contents, and we specialize in fast and efficient recovery for our community.
Philly is more than just a cheesesteak. Click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts