If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (215) 482-0800

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Unwatched Pot, Ohh Ohh! Another Fire in an Andorra Kitchen, Better Call SERVPRO

10/16/2018 (Permalink)

Avoid Andorra Kitchen Fires Says SERVPRO

Fire Damage Experts In Andorra Warn About Grease Fires

Even the most experienced home chefs in Andorra occasionally get grease they are cooking with too hot and spill it on the burner, causing flames to ignite. Once grease burns, the flames use other materials in your home as fuel to spread and possibly cause extensive fire damage. Statistics show that around five million cooking fires occur inside homes in the U.S. Out of these fires, grease fires are the most hazardous and account for one out of every five deaths caused by structural burns in the country. Learning how to cook with grease inside your home safely can save your property from severe fire damage.
The number one rule when cooking with grease is to never, ever leave your pot or pan full of grease unattended while it is on the burner. Unattended pots are the most common cause of grease igniting and causing fire damage inside your Andorra cottage's kitchen. Once grease starts smoking while it is on the burner, it takes only thirty seconds before it bursts into flames. Therefore, even if you leave the kitchen for a minute, it is possible that grease will ignite.
Paying attention while you are cooking with grease can save lives and prevent problems taking place inside your home. Any time a grease fire takes place in your kitchen, it is wise to call SERVPRO professionals to assess the issues immediately. Flames can burn structural components and your possessions. Smokes generated by grease fires also can cause structural damage. The longer charred materials go untreated; the more likely pungent, burnt odors will exist inside a structure.
The quicker our SERVPRO team can respond the less likely secondary problems due to the burn take place. As soon as we arrive at your home, we assess the damage and see what we can refinish and clean and what items must be discarded and then replaced. Many times severely burnt objects have to be removed but some wooden materials can be sanded down and refinished. Smoke created by grease fires can be very difficult to remove with cleaning techniques.
Therefore, the quicker you call SERVPRO of Manayunk at (215) 482-0800, the better off you will be.

More info on this Philly neighborhood by clicking.

Other News

View Recent Posts